We love America. We believe that the Founding Fathers created the best form of government that has ever been implemented. But in recent decades the intentions and designs of the founding Fathers have been distorted and perverted to a point that our national government has become totally dysfunctional.
The best interests of the nation and the American people are no longer the primary concerns of many, if not most of those elected to Congress. The priority of most of those elected to the House of Representatives is getting re-elected. They are committed to perpetual campaigning. What is best for the nation and the American people plays little or no role in the consideration of many Representatives. Sadly the reality in the Senate is only slightly better.
The result has been that many in Congress have become self-servants rather than public-servants. Perpetual campaigning has made raising campaign funds the highest priority and resulted in well financed special interests and single issue groups gaining tremendous influence over members of Congress. Perpetual campaigning has distorted the American system of government and taken much of the power from individuals and given it to corporate special interests and influential single issue groups.
The government we have had in recent decades is not what the Founding Fathers envisioned. It is time to get America back on track. It is time for individual citizens to reclaim their voice in government. It is time for America to once again have a government of which all Americans can be proud. The time has come for Congress to again represent the interests of the American people and not special interests and single interest power groups. The time has come for America to have a Congress that is comprised of true public-servants, men and women who have America's best interest at heart and truly care about all the American people.
We believe that those who hold elected office and assume a role in our national leadership should be held to the highest standards. Additionally, those elected should hold themselves to the highest standards and lead by example. Their words and deeds should match their stated principles and beliefs. We are not demanding perfection beyond human capabilities, but we are asking all those elected to national leadership to honestly and sincerely strive to maintain the highest professional standards in everything they do and say.
1. Hold members of Congress accountable to the people. Insist that members of Congress truly be public-servants, putting the nation, the American people and specifically their constituents first. The nation and people must take priority over special interests, single issue groups, political party interests and even their own political interests.
2. Insist on honesty and sincerity in everything that members do and say. Strive for the elimination of double-talk, misrepresentation and deception.
3. Insist that members of Congress set the highest standards of civility and professionalism in all discussions and debates. They should always treat others with dignity and respect.
4. Ask all members of Congress to avoid labels and language that encourages divisiveness.
5. Advocate that members of Congress spend at least 80% of their professional time governing and working to solve the nation's problems and meeting the needs of their constituents. Members should not spend more than 20% of their professional time fund-raising and campaigning.
6. Advocate the elimination of gerrymandering of Congressional Districts so that Representatives will be encouraged to represent all of their constituents.
Click for next page